Friday, February 8, 2013

The Vision of a Spiritual Leader Cries From the Dust



The Vision of a Spiritual Leader Cries From the Dust


My father was shown many things by the Great Spirit concerning the future of our people. He compared the indigenous people to a Cottonwood tree whose seed is caught up in the wind and should be scattered upon all the face of the earth. He said that our clan would be led to a land of Promise, a land which is choice above all other lands for the fulfilling of the Great Spirit's words that we should be scattered upon all the face of the earth.

I, Nephi, desired to know the things my Father had seen, and believing that the Spirit was able to make them known to me and as I sat pondering in my heart I was caught away in the spirit to a very high mountain which I never had seen before or set my foot upon. The Spirit was clothed in light and he was in the form of a man. I knew it was the Spirit of the Creator and he spoke to me as a man speaks to another.
And it came to pass that he said to me, "look and see your ancestors, and also the ancestors of your brothers!" I looked and saw the land of Promise And I saw great numbers of people even as many as the blades of grass.

And then I saw thousands gathered together to battle one against the other. I saw wars and great bloodshed among my people I saw many generations pass away because of wars and divisions in the land. And I saw many cities, so many I did not number them.
And after a time he said to me, "Look!" And I looked and saw a maiden most beautiful and fair above all other maidens. And the Great Spirit blew his breath upon this beautiful maiden and that in time, she became the mother of the Great Spirit. This child became a man with miraculous powers. And I saw in a far country, he was killed with arrows shot into his flesh. Shortly after his death he arose and came to my ancestors. He showed them his wounds and where the arrows had pierced his body. He performed great miracles in their midst and taught them many things. His eyes saw through men. His eyes saw and saw and men looked on and wept and stopped their wars, they stopped their hate. He talked of the plants and medicines and the elk and buffalo. He talked of the God above the stars, and he told men to be good, to love good, promising that he would return again for all good men and bring peace to the earth. He chose medicine men to teach and guide the people and they began to be good. He was known by many names and the morning star visitor departed to the east and promised to return again.

And the spirit said to me, "Look!" And I saw three generations pass away in peace without war. And I saw many of the fourth generation did pass away in peace. And then through the passing of time I saw my descendents and those of my brothers gathered together to battle. And I saw wars among them and many generations pass away. And the spirit said to me, "These will dwindle in unbelief". They became a dark and loathsome and filthy people, full of all manner of wickedness. They were full of hate toward one another.

And the spirit took me to a future time and I saw many nations and countries. And the spirit said, "These are the nations and countries of the white man ". And I saw the formation of a great church. And the spirit said to me, "See the formation of a church that is most evil above all other churches, that kill the people of God, and torture them, and bind them with oppression and bring them down into captivity".

And then my eyes did see many waters that they divided the white man from my, people. Then the spirit said." Look the anger of God is upon your descendents.
And I saw a man among the whites and the Great Spirit came down upon the man and he went upon the many waters, even unto my ancestors in this Promised Land. And it came to pass I did see the Great Spirit upon other pale ones and they came out of captivity upon the many waters. I saw great numbers of them upon the Land of Promise, and the anger of God was upon my people and they were scattered before the whites and they did beat them down. And I saw that the Great Spirit was with the pale ones and they did multiply and obtain the land because they humbled themselves before God.

And I, Nephi, did see the pale ones' mother country was gathered together upon the waters and upon the land also, to battle against them. I saw the power of God was with the white man and also that the wrath of God was upon those gathered against them to battle. The white man had gone out of captivity and were delivered by the power of God and began to prosper in the land.

And it carne to pass that I saw a book which was carried forth among them. Then the Spirit asked if I knew the meaning of the book. And I said I know not. And he said It contained many precious words and covenants of the Great Spirit and the Morning Star Visitor and is a record of the Jews. These things go forth from the Jews in purity unto the white man, according to the truth which is in God.

And the Spirit said after this you see the formation of that great and evil church which is most evil of all other churches. They have taken away from the book many parts  which are plain and most precious and also many covenants of the Great Spirit have been taken away. And it goes forth unto all the nations of the white man, even across the many waters. And you have seen the pale ones coming out of captivity bringing the book. And because of these things which are taken away from the book an exceedingly great many do stumble so much that Satan has great power over them.

Nevertheless, said the Spirit, you see the pale ones have gone upon the face of the land, which is choice above all other lands. This land is that which the Great Spirit has promised to your father and his children's children for the land of their inheritance. Now you see that God will not allow the white man to utterly destroy your children or the children of your brothers. Neither will God allow the white man to remain in that state of awful woundedness, that you see they are in, because of the plain and precious parts of the book which have been kept back by that evil church whose formation you have seen. God will be merciful unto the white man unto the visiting of your ancestors, the Indians, in great judgment because they have forgotten the teaching of the Morning Star Visitor.

And again the heavenly messenger said, after God has visited your people in judgment and beaten them by the hand of the pale ones, he will be merciful unto the pale ones. The Great Spirit will bring to them in his own power much truth which shall be plain and most precious.

God will manifest his spirit unto your people and they shall write many things which shalt be plain and precious. And after your people and your brother's people war against one another and dwindled in unbelief, these things shall be hid up to come forth unto the white man by the gift and power of the Great Spirit. These last records shall establish the truth in the book and shall make known the plain and precious things which have been taken away from it. And shall make known to all people that the Morning Star Visitor is the Eternal Father. the Great spirit and the Savior of the World.

And it shall come to pass that if the white man will listen to the Great Spirit, God will manifest himself unto them in word and also in power and take away their stumbling blocks. In the latter days when the indigenous people have become hopeless and dwindle in unbelief for the space of many years and many generations, then the missing truths shall come to the white man and from him unto the Indian people. The words shall be as if their ancestors are crying unto them from the dust. And their cry shall go, even according to the simpleness of their words. And because of their faith, their words shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the Great Spirit unto their latter day descendants. Because they are the most sensitive race in the world to the presence of God, they are a Chosen People through which to reach and influence others. Not favors, but burdens and sorrows were to be theirs. .Indigenous peoples are the mountain peak that caught the light of God's face earlier than other people and reflected it down upon the earth. They will not be destroyed for they shall hearken unto the words from the dust.

God shall raise up one mighty among them that will do much good, both in word and in deed. Being an instrument in the hands of God, with exceeding faith to work mighty wonders and do that thing which is great in the sight of God to the bringing together of all tribes into one nation. And in that day God will lift up his hand to the white man and set up His standard to the people. Even the captive of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered. For the white man shall bow down to them with their face toward the earth and lick up the dust of their feet. All will become one heart, one mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment